Tomato tambli/tambuli...#South-Indian delicacy. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Tomato tambuli is a side dish made mainly of tomato and yogurt. Tambuli has a cooling effect on Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Tomato Tambuli.
Pudina Tambuli/Tambli is a very traditional Karnataka dish which our grannys have been making from many years. Its basically a uncooked yoghurt based dish served along with rice. SHUNTI TAMBLI is very simple rice side dish that is popular in and around UDUPI. You can have Tomato tambli/tambuli...#South-Indian delicacy using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato tambli/tambuli...#South-Indian delicacy
- You need 2 of medium size tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 2 tbspn of fresh grated coconut.
- It's 2-3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 2 of byedgi chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 2 of -sprigs curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of tspn ghee.
- It's of Water as required.
- It's to taste of Pink Himalayan salt.
- It's of Tempering Ingredients:-.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It's 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
During hot summer season this kind of tambli makes the lunch soothing and healthy. As we do not cook the tambli, shelf life is limited. So best to cook and devour for a single meal. Now the spinach tambli is ready to taste.
Tomato tambli/tambuli...#South-Indian delicacy instructions
- Heat a pan,add 1tsp ghee or coconut oil,add cumin seeds,green chillies,byedgi chillies,curry leaves and saute for some seconds,add chopped tomatoes and saute till it becomes soft..
- Add grated coconut and saute for just 2mins and switch off d flame and keep aside to cool..
- In a mixie grinder add d sauted mixture with some salt and little water and grind to a fine paste...
- Add curd to it and grind again..
- Transfer d ground mixture in a big bowl,and adjust d consistency u prefer,nor too thick nor too thin..and add coriander leaves....
- Tempering:- Heat a tadka pan,add ghee and add all d tempering ingredients to it...Add this tempering over d Tambli and mix well..
- Tomato Tambli/tomato flavoured curd is ready to have with steam rice or consume it as a drink....
- Healthy Tambli is ready to serve..
Enjoy the green tambli with white rice. Note: You can use ghee instead of oil. Tomato sasive or tomato riata recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. Tomato sasive is a very easy and tasty sidedish for rice or chapathi. Thambuli/Tambli/Tambuli is a form of raita.